What’s Your Story?
Team Digital members dive into the craft of storytelling, learning what makes a powerful story. What story can you tell about your life, about your city, about your world? More importantly, what can you tell us about being a teenager in Kansas City in 2016?
Team members will learn through doing. Using video and audio production, website design, and social media, participants are challenged to find and share their creative perspective.
Keep an eye out for next summer’s application to be a part of Team Digital!
Qualifications for participation:
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Must be in 8th, 9th, or 10th grade as of April 2017
- The ability to dedicate 5-10 hours per week beginning in the middle of May, and ending in the middle of August
- Access to transportation – Events/meetings will occur at KC Public Library locations and sites around Kansas City
Team Digital members will receive:
- Training in a variety of digital media (animation, audio/video production, website design
- Access to top of the line equipment
- Leadership skill development
- Time and mentor support to develop and produce creative digital content
- The opportunity to meet new people and have fun
- Many chances to share your expertise, enhance your resume, and give back to your community
- A $400 stipend!
Team Digital members will be required to give:
- Time (average of 5-10 hours/week)
- Commitment and follow through
- Active participation in the process
- An attitude of collaboration